Street Photography is challenging, but the results you can get in it is way over it. As a Street Photographer, you will always be having multiple challenges in front of you. Some of the Street Photographers I know were actually beaten up while taking photos in some sensitive areas, but that did not stop them. It is simply because the result is way better than the challenges we face.
For all you people who wish to try Street Photography, here we are sharing 5 very useful, yet powerful tips, so that you can get amazing Street Photos during your next shoot. If you understand Hindi Language, you can even watch the YouTube we just did, which will help you understand things even better.
- Don’t Shoot with BIG DSLRs with HUGE LENS on it. You need to blend in the Streets to Capture What You See. I recommend using Mirrorless Cameras, or Bridge Cameras, or the best could be your Smartphone.
- Take Your Camera Everywhere. Most of the times, you see something interesting when you’re not having your camera with you. Hence be ready all the time.
- Be prepared to be questioned by some people, or some may even stare at you, or some may even threaten you to go away. Keep the smile ready on your face for a non-verbal conversation with that stranger. If you see that someone is asking you to go away, sense the intensity of it. If it looks serious, just walk away without saying a word.
- Don’t worry about image quality when it comes to street photography. I have seen the best of street photographs with lot of noise. The main thing here is to capture the action, the drama in a beautiful composition.
- Be happy. This might seem non-sense, but you cannot take good street photos til you’re happy and having fun doing it. Try it.
Here’s another video with Street Photography done on a DSLR with GoPro mounted on it.
Here is what we wanted to share with you. If you liked what we shared, please considered coming back to the blog and check other blog posts. Stay amazing! Happy shooting!